1. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
2. If you are going to become doing some shopping on the web, make sure you understand the liability for each credit card you use online. Many credit cards have automatic fraud prevention built in while others offer it for a minimal fee. You do not want to get stuck with purchases made on your card when the number is stolen.
3. When you are making any purchases online and you are required to produce a user account, never utilize the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not use your e-mail or banking password to make an account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If a person was able to check this out password, they could have access to not only your profile on the retailer's store.
4. If you're worried about whether a shopping website is legitimate or not, do some research regarding it. The internet may be a great way to learn about other people's experiences with different sites. When the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can permit you to test out the consumer service, shipping, and obtain a feel for the company without risking a lot of money.
5. In the event you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it may be worth it to sign up for their email updates which usually have special offers and sales. This can translate into savings for you as you may get a discount in the item or perhaps free shipping, which could add up to bigger savings if you pick from the site often.