1. Be careful when it comes to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the online store is poorly designed, packed with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's better to be safe than sorry.
2. If you are going to be doing some shopping online, make sure you be aware of the liability for every credit card you make use of online. Many credit cards have automatic fraud prevention built in while others offer it for a minimal fee. You do not need to get stuck with purchases made on your own card if the number is stolen.
3. Shop around when you shop online. You might find that prices for certain items can vary greatly from store to store. To be sure you get the best deal, look at a few different stores to discover their prices, as well as shipping charge. This will allow you to get the very best deal you can.
4. While shopping online, be certain the site you are on starts off with "https". The "S" means that the site is secure, which entails that you can safely enter your personal information without having to worry about identity theft. If a site lacks the "S" in it, you may want to avoid using it.
5. For those who have questions while shopping, look for a live chat function on the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You can chat immediately with a customer care representative to correct any issues or answer any questions before you purchase. That can provide you with a lot of peace of mind.