1. When you're shopping online you have to be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by searching for reviews on them online.
2. If you like an internet store, subscribe to their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals in your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to keep up to date with great deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free shipping or discounts on certain products.
3. While shopping online, it's best to check around to find the best price. Shopping online makes it very easy to get the best price for just about any items. While shopping around, make certain you only glance at the prices from places where you'd feel comfortable buying from. Even if a value is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.
4. Be skeptical of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend if you are shopping online. You begin to rationalize that you can spend more for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten should you went to the mall, for instance. Give yourself a restriction and follow it.
5. When you are creating any purchases online and you are required to create a user account, never utilize the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of your e-mail or banking password to make your account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If someone was able to see this password, they might have access to more than simply your profile on the retailer's store.