1. A great tip to consider when you're thinking about online shopping is to make sure the site is legit. You don't want to be giving your credit card information away to somebody who could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe to use.
2. Do more research in the online store you are looking at before ordering a product from them. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will more than likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stick to online stores having an excellent reputation.
3. If you're concerned about whether a shopping site is legitimate or otherwise not, do some research about this. The internet could be a great way to find out about other people's experiences with various sites. In the event the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can allow you to test out the consumer service, shipping, and obtain a feel for the company without risking a lot of money.
4. In case a company features a newsletter, register. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, deals and discount codes to people on their mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only join a company's newsletter should you really like their products and would use a promotion code.
5. Find out the online store's return policy. Should you be considering creating a purchase on an item that you might like to return, ensure you find out if returning the item is definitely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items are unable to be returned and you may not want to be stuck with an unwanted item.