1. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Often online stores will send out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you could possibly score some terrific deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
2. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Based on the condition you obtain them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if you can find any damages you should be aware of.
3. Be wary of the emails you get, even if they appear to be from the retailer you trust. Never click on a web link that directs you to a web site other than the one you shopped on. Should you do, you may become vulnerable to a scam. Rather than simply clicking on an email hyperlink, just go up to your browser and enter in the web site you would like to go to. It is actually much safer that way.
4. Should you be looking for the best coupons, consider subscribing to the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to those that have signed up the very first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big fascination with the brand, so the signup can result in some phenomenal savings.
5. A reputable online seller needs to have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you decide to part with your hard earned money to see if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't desire to be spending your cash with a company that fails to deliver.