1. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you carry on an online store site and see that as a requirement, usually do not buy everything from them and shop somewhere else.
2. Always remember your budget and credit limits when you shop online. The virtual arena of online shopping has become a lot of people in serious debt. You need to look at online shopping in the same manner you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.
3. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
4. Always look for online coupons when shopping on the net. Many online stores give out reductions for various things and you can locate them by performing a simple search. Just enter in the name in the store and coupon and you may find a great discount. This is a great way to save money when you shop online.
5. When you are searching for a location to buy an item and not one of the results appear to be from familiar retailers, you should be hesitant about entering your details. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so you know the retailer is not to take your money.