1. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking in a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to look at the description so you know exactly what you are actually purchasing.
2. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
3. Do not spend too much money on shipping. Shipping charges can definitely add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free shipping once you spend a certain amount, or have a coupon code that allows you to get free delivery. Instead of paying your hard earned cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
4. For those who have questions while shopping, look for a live chat function on the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You are able to chat immediately with a customer service representative to correct any issues or answer any questions before you purchase. That can present you with a lot of satisfaction.
5. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a reduction or some type of deal once you sign up for their newsletter. Determine whether there is a deal associated with signing up for the newsletter at any store you need to shop at.