1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on the home page. Performing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. Be cautious which sites you patronize. It is difficult to know which are on the up or higher and which are not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not sound right or the design seems off, go to a different site. Furthermore, if a bunch of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.
3. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have an issue. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll find out how helpful customer service is and how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have in the event that something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.
4. Once you enjoy the convenience of frequent shopping online, it's very important to keep changing the passwords you use for every account. Every few weeks approximately, make up a new password to your bank and also the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for the strongest passwords.
5. When you shop online, you have to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to buy online. Employing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal susceptible to hackers. Make an effort to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never utilize a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.