1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their home page. Performing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. Talk to your friends about their favorite online stores. There are millions of sites out there, and there is no method for you to find them all yourself. Talk to the people you know to find out who the reputable online retailers are, and where they like to look. This will save you a lot of time and energy.
3. If you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it may be worth it to sign up for their email updates which often have promotions and sales. This can translate into savings for you as you may obtain a discount in the item or even free shipping, which may add up to bigger savings if you purchase from the site often.
4. While shopping online, use a credit card instead of a debit card. This is because credit cards are based on your credit, not the amount of money in your bank account. In case a internet hacker gets your banking information, they can completely ruin you within a point of hours.
5. Do not spend too much money on shipping. Shipping charges can actually add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free freight once you spend a certain amount, or have a coupon code that lets you get free shipping. Instead of paying your hard earned cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.