1. For those who have questions while shopping, look for a live chat function around the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. It is possible to chat immediately with a customer service representative to correct any issues or answer any questions before you purchase. That can give you a lot of satisfaction.
2. If you like a web-based store, subscribe to their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals inside your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to remain up to date with good deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free freight or discounts on certain products.
3. Do not spend too much money on shipping. Shipping charges can definitely add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free freight once you spend a certain amount, or possess a coupon code that permits you to get free shipping. Instead of paying your hard earned money on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
4. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to a page after you've submitted an order detailing exactly what was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Be sure to save any emails about your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
5. When shopping for a specific item, check several different internet retailers. Many times with a bit of searching, you can save as much as 25 percent. Look at a number of websites to make sure you are getting the best deal. When figuring each website's price, be sure you include shipping costs in your calculations.