1. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are only shopping on secure websites. Look in the web site URL plus it should display "https" instead of the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an up-to-date copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
2. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the charge card statement is available in the mail. If you notice any charges that you simply did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
3. Do more research on the online store you are considering before ordering a product from their store. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will more than likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stay with online stores with the excellent reputation.
4. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you carry on an online store site and find out that as being a requirement, usually do not buy everything from them and shop elsewhere.
5. If you find an excellent product on your favorite site, search for it in an internet search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to ensure that you can't have it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars like that.