1. Do not spend too much cash on shipping. Shipping charges can really add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free delivery once you spend a certain amount, or use a coupon code that permits you to get free delivery. Instead of paying your cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
2. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And in case you've recently purchased at full price, you can request a price adjustment to meet the newest deal.
3. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
4. For those who have questions while shopping, search for a live chat function around the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. It is possible to chat immediately with a customer care representative to repair any issues or answer any questions before you purchase. That can present you with a lot of peace of mind.
5. After you have found the items you desire, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free shipping. Many times several coupons are available. If this is the truth, choose the one that will save you as much as possible.