1. When you are shopping on the web, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be requesting trouble. Many people have had their credit card and personal information stolen from shopping on less than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
2. When you are making any purchases on the web and you are required to make a user account, never use the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of e-mail or banking password to make your account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If someone was able to check this out password, they could have access to more than just your profile on the retailer's store.
3. Before buying from a new online retailer, perform some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see how it handles items like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also check the BBB to determine if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions regarding its business before you buy anything.
4. In case you have questions while shopping, look for a live chat function around the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You are able to chat immediately with a customer support representative to fix any issues or answer any questions before you purchase. That can present you with a lot of reassurance.
5. After you have found the items you desire, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free shipping. Many times several coupons are offered. If this is the truth, choose one that will save you as much as possible.