1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their home page. Performing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. When you're shopping online you have to be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by searching for reviews upon them online.
3. Once you enjoy the comfort of frequent internet shopping, it's extremely important to keep changing the passwords you use for each account. Every few weeks roughly, make up a brand new password to your bank and also the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for the strongest passwords.
4. Learn more about the payment methods available from the online store you are interested in. Most stores give you the option to pay with credit cards or with PayPal. Credit cards is a safe option as long as the store has a secure server. If you do not see any information regarding safety, it is advisable to go through an alternative store.
5. Before making a purchase, make a price comparison on several websites. Look for special coupons and offers on these websites to successfully are getting the best offer possible. Also look into exactly what it will cost for the shipping on your items and when there are free delivery options open to you.