1. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores will send out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you could possibly score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
2. Before buying from the new online retailer, perform some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the actual way it handles items like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look at the BBB to see if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions on its business before you buy anything.
3. Get engaged in the social media of your favorite online stores. Brands with big online presences typically put plenty of cash behind their social media, and this includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You may be one of the lucky ones scoring these deals with just a quick follow or fanning.
4. Look for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores usually have some promotional offers taking place. If you do not find any information regarding current offers on the site from the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their discount codes on message boards or couponning blogs.
5. Be mindful where you submit your credit card information. When you find yourself shopping online, always employ secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to protect your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS rather than the standard HTTP. There will also be a locked icon, either in your address or status bar, based on which browser you use.