1. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to definitely a page after you've submitted a purchase detailing everything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Ensure that you save any emails about your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
2. When you're shopping online you should be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by trying to find reviews on them online.
3. Do not spend too much money on shipping. Shipping charges can really add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free delivery once you spend a certain amount, or use a coupon code that allows you to get free delivery. Instead of paying your cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
4. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on the home page. Doing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
5. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, discover what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do a web-based search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you do not find out the difficult way and lose your cash.