1. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you could possibly score some terrific deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
2. Be skeptical of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you find yourself shopping online. You start to rationalize that you can spend more for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten in the event you went to the mall, as an example. Give yourself a restriction and stick to it.
3. If you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it might be worth it to sign up for their email updates which often have special offers and sales. This can result in savings to suit your needs as you may get a discount around the item or even free shipping, which could add up to bigger savings if you purchase from the site often.
4. When you are creating any purchases on the web and you are required to produce a user account, never make use of the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not use your e-mail or banking password to make an account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If a person was able to check this out password, they can have access to not only your profile on the retailer's store.
5. Find out more about the payment methods provided by the online store you are interested in. Most stores provide you with the option to pay with a credit card or with PayPal. A credit card is a safe option as long as the store features a secure server. If you do not see any information regarding safety, it is best to go through another store.