1. When you're shopping online you have to be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by searching for reviews upon them online.
2. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, find out what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an internet search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you do not find out the hard way and lose your hard earned money.
3. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to a page after you've submitted your order detailing everything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Make sure to save any emails concerning your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
4. While shopping online, be sure the site you happen to be on starts off with "https". The "S" signifies that the site is secure, which entails that you can safely enter your personal information without having to concern yourself with identity theft. When a site lacks the "S" in it, you may want to avoid using it.
5. If you wish to buy a used product online, learn more about the vendor first. You need to visit their profile and search for reviews published by other shoppers who bought products out of this seller. Do not hesitate to make contact with the seller to inquire about a few questions regarding the product you are interested in.