1. Get engaged in the social media of the favorite online retailers. Brands with big online presences typically put a lot of money behind their social media, and that includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You may be one of the lucky ones scoring these works with just a quick follow or fanning.
2. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer support if you have a question. By contacting customer service before you make your order, you'll discover how helpful customer service is and how quickly they respond. This really is useful information to have in case something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.
3. Pay close attention for potential sales online starting around Wednesday. Many brick and mortar stores do sales on the weekends, and to compete, many online retailers have moved their sales days up by several days. You can often find exceptional mid-week bargains with just a little online research.
4. If you find a great product on the favorite site, search for it in the search engines before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to make sure you can't get it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars this way.
5. Look for discount codes when shopping on the Internet. Many online stores give out reduced prices for various things and you can find them by carrying out a simple search. Just enter in the name of the store and coupon and you could find a great discount. This is a great way to cut costs when you shop online.