1. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than pleased to complain about bad service online, so look for sites and testimonials which are terrible so you are aware what you're getting into. You need to take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there exists a problem.
2. When shopping online, you should be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to buy online. Employing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal at risk of hackers. Make an effort to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never make use of a public Wi-Fi hot location to shop.
3. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted an order detailing exactly what was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Ensure that you save any emails regarding your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
4. When you shop online, ensure that the online store offers secure checkout. This helps protect your own personal information from being stolen. To ensure the site is encrypted search for into your web browser's URL box. The website is secured if the website starts with https. This means hyper transfer protocol secure.
5. When shopping online, most places only accept debit or credit cards. Take this into account when you are choosing a site to shop from. In the event you don't feel relaxed providing the company with your credit card information, try to find another site. Try to find a website that offers a safe and secure page when you're adding your bank card information.