1. Before buying a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any information about shipping costs, contact the seller to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
2. Whenever you enjoy the convenience of frequent shopping online, it's extremely important to keep changing the passwords you use for each account. Every couple of weeks or so, make up a brand new password for your bank as well as the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for your strongest passwords.
3. Get engaged in the social media of your favorite online stores. Brands with big online presences typically put a lot of money behind their social media, and this includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You generally is one of the lucky ones scoring these deals with just a quick follow or fanning.
4. If you are going to be doing some online shopping, make sure you be aware of the liability for each and every credit card you use online. Many credit cards have automatic fraud prevention built in while others offer it for a minimal fee. You do not want to get stuck with purchases made on your card in the event the number is stolen.
5. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than happy to complain about bad service online, so look for sites and testimonials that are terrible so you are aware what you're getting into. You should take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know you will find a problem.