1. When shopping online, most places only accept debit or credit cards. Take this into account when you are selecting a site to shop from. If you don't feel relaxed providing the company with your credit card information, try to look for another site. Try to find a website that offers a good page when you're adding your charge card information.
2. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a price reduction or some kind of deal when you sign up for their newsletter. Find out if there is a deal associated with signing up for the newsletter at any store you need to shop at.
3. Be careful in regards to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the online store is poorly designed, filled with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's preferable to be safe than sorry.
4. Before making a purchase, make a price comparison on several websites. Look for special coupons and offers on these websites to ensure that you are getting the best deal possible. Also look into what it will cost for that shipping on your items and when there are free delivery options accessible to you.
5. Always look for coupon codes when shopping on the web. Many online stores give out discounts for various things and you can see them by performing a simple search. Just enter the name in the store and coupon and you might find a great discount. This can be a great way to save money when you shop online.