1. When you are shopping online, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a strong reputation, you may be requesting trouble. Some people have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on under reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
2. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted your order detailing everything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Be sure to save any emails about your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
3. When you're shopping online you should be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by searching for reviews upon them online.
4. In the event you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it could be worth it to enroll in their email updates which usually have special deals and sales. This can result in savings for you personally as you may get a discount around the item or perhaps free shipping, which could add up to bigger savings if you purchase from the site often.
5. Once you enjoy the ease of frequent internet shopping, it's extremely important to keep changing the passwords you use for every account. Every couple of weeks roughly, make up a new password to your bank and the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for your strongest passwords.