1. When shopping for a particular item, check several different online stores. Many times with a bit of searching, you save as much as 25 %. Look at a number of websites to make sure you are getting the best offer. When figuring each website's price, ensure you include shipping costs in your calculations.
2. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
3. Ensure that you're entering your payment details on a safe and secure site. Try to find "https://" inside the URL from the site that you're attempting to buy something from. If you don't see that or no indication of any website security, then it's probably a good idea not to trust those people with your account information.
4. Sign-up for any id theft protection your credit card company offers, especially if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe you can protect your information, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
5. Take the time to browse through different online stores to compare the products offered. Unless you have your mind set on a specific brand, you need to take the time to compare different products. Select one with all the features you need and compare prices too. Visit your favorite online stores often since new items become available on a regular basis.