1. Be careful in regards to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the web store is poorly designed, full of misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's better to be safe than sorry.
2. When you're shopping online you have to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by trying to find reviews upon them online.
3. If you feel that you will be making a lot of online purchases down the road, consider applying for a separate bank card to use just for these transactions. It is much easier to track all transactions should they be the only items listed about this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry regarding your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
4. When you are online shopping, make sure that you are merely shopping on secure websites. Look in the website URL and it also should display "https" instead of the usual "http" at the beginning. Always have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer too. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
5. Take the time to browse through different online stores to compare the products offered. Unless you have your mind set on a specific brand, you should take the time to compare different products. Select one with all the features you need and compare prices too. Visit your favorite online stores often since new releases become available on a regular basis.