1. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you might be able to score some terrific deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
2. If you are looking at purchasing from the seller the very first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. For the most part this will provide you with an approximate idea of what sort of goods and services you should expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again should be given a broad swerve.
3. Before investing in a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any details about shipping costs, contact the seller to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
4. When you're shopping online you have to be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by looking for reviews on them online.
5. Look for coupon codes when shopping on the web. Many internet retailers give out discounts for various things and you can locate them by doing a simple search. Just type in the name of the store and coupon and you might find a great discount. This can be a great way to save money when you shop online.