1. Turn it into a habit to register for price alerts. It goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to a price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you are able to ask for a price adjustment to satisfy the new deal.
2. If you like a web-based store, sign up for their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals within your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to keep up to date with great deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free delivery or discounts on certain products.
3. Should you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it could be worth it to enroll in their email updates which often have special deals and sales. This can translate into savings for you as you may get yourself a discount in the item as well as free shipping, which can add up to bigger savings if you buy from the site often.
4. Check out coupon sites. Whatever you desire to buy may have coupons or discount codes. Before buying something, ensure that you have the ability to require a few seconds and do a quick search. You might even desire to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.
5. When a company has a newsletter, sign up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, promotions and coupon codes to people on the mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only join a company's newsletter should you really like their products and would use a promotion code.