1. When you're shopping online you have to be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by looking for reviews on them online.
2. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually do that when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the Internet. If you choose the first sale you see, there is a chance you are going to miss out on a much better deal somewhere else.
3. If you're concerned with whether a shopping site is legitimate or otherwise not, do some research about it. The internet could be a great way to find out about other people's experiences with assorted sites. When the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can permit you to test out the consumer service, shipping, and acquire a feel for the company without risking a lot of money.
4. If you find a fantastic product on the favorite site, search for it in a search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to ensure that you can't have it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars that way.
5. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you carry on an online store site and find out that as being a requirement, do not buy anything from them and shop somewhere else.