1. Discover more about the payment methods provided by the online store you are interested in. Most stores give you the option to pay with a charge card or with PayPal. A credit card is a safe option only if the store features a secure server. If you do not see any information regarding safety, it is recommended to go through another store.
2. Try to find coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores always have some promotional offers happening. If you do not find any information regarding current offers on the site in the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their coupon codes on discussion boards or couponning blogs.
3. If a company has a newsletter, register. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, special deals and discount codes to people on their mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only join a company's newsletter in the event you really like their goods and would use a coupon code.
4. When shopping for a specific item, check several different online stores. Many times with some searching, it can save you as much as 25 %. Look at a variety of websites to make sure you are getting the best bargain. When figuring each website's price, make sure you include shipping costs in your calculations.
5. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal data to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and see that as a requirement, do not buy anything from them and shop someplace else.