1. When you're shopping online you need to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by looking for reviews on them online.
2. When you shop online, you need to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to purchase online. Utilizing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal vulnerable to hackers. Try to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never make use of a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.
3. If you're considering buying a product online, look into the reviews. The reviews off their people that have used the product can give you a good idea about the product. You may be able to find out the quality of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should have the purchase.
4. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have an issue. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll discover how helpful customer support is and just how quickly they respond. This is useful information to have in the event that something goes completely wrong after you've made your purchase.
5. If you are going to be shopping on the web, make sure that you do it from a computer connection you understand is secure, like one that you have in your own home. Hackers look for WI-Fi connections in public places when they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.