1. Find out the online store's return policy. Should you be considering creating a purchase on an item that you might want to return, ensure you find out if returning the item is an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items are unable to be returned and you may not want to be stuck with an unwanted item.
2. Sign-up for any identity theft protection your credit card company offers, especially if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe you are able to protect your data, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
3. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
4. When searching for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as much reviews as possible. Reading many reviews can help you get a more general notion of whether or not the product you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
5. If you want to buy books online, you'll get a better deal if you get them used. Based on the condition you receive them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if you will find any damages you should be aware of.