1. Although it may look tedious, be sure you read the contract and terms before you purchase with a website. These documents have valuable info on what you can and cannot do when you have a problem with the item that you bought. Read them thoroughly in order that you do not have an unwelcome surprise when trying to come back items.
2. When you are creating any purchases online and you are required to create a user account, never use the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not use your e-mail or banking password to make an account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If somebody was able to see this password, they can have access to not only your profile on the retailer's store.
3. Find out more about the payment methods available from the online store you are interested in. Most stores provide you with the option to pay with credit cards or with PayPal. A credit card is a safe option only if the store has a secure server. If you do not see any details about safety, it is best to go through another store.
4. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
5. If you're concerned about whether a shopping site is legitimate or not, do some research about it. The internet may be a great way to find out about other people's experiences with various sites. In the event the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can permit you to test out the client service, shipping, and gain a feel for the organization without risking a lot of money.