1. Although it may look tedious, ensure you read the contract and terms before you purchase in a website. These documents have valuable information on what you can and cannot do when you have a concern with the item that you bought. Read them thoroughly to ensure that you do not have an unwelcome surprise when trying to come back items.
2. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "discount code". These codes are easily found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They might offer a percentage off or free shipping simply by entering within a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes trying to find it.
3. Do more research in the online store you are considering before ordering a product from them. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will probably find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stay with online stores with an excellent reputation.
4. Be wary of any emails you receive, even if they appear to be from a retailer you trust. Never click on a link that directs you to a site other than usually the one you shopped on. If you do, you may become vulnerable to a gimmick. Rather than clicking on an email hyperlink, just go approximately your browser and enter the web site you want to go to. It is much safer that way.
5. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on the home page. Doing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.