1. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you might be able to score some terrific deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
2. In the event you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it may be worth it to sign up for their email updates which often have special offers and sales. This can translate into savings to suit your needs as you may obtain a discount on the item as well as free shipping, which may add up to bigger savings if you purchase from the site often.
3. Look for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores also have some promotional offers taking place. If you do not find any information about current offers on the site in the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their coupon codes on message boards or couponning blogs.
4. Do more research in the online store you are interested in before ordering a product from their website. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will more than likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to adhere to online stores with an excellent reputation.
5. Sign-up for any identity fraud protection your credit card company offers, specifically if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe you are able to protect your information, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.