1. When you shop online, it's best to check around to find the best price. Shopping online makes it very easy to get the best price for just about any items. While shopping around, make certain you only glance at the prices from places where you'd feel at ease buying from. Even if a cost is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.
2. Learn the online store's return policy. In case you are considering creating a purchase on an item that you might want to return, ensure you find out if returning the item is an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items can not be returned and you may not want to be tied to an unwanted item.
3. Discover more about the payment methods available from the online store you are interested in. Most stores provide you with the option to pay with a charge card or with PayPal. A charge card is a safe option as long as the store includes a secure server. If you do not see any details about safety, it is best to go through another store.
4. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is not any website that needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, perhaps you are on a scam website. Leave this site and find one which has a better reputation.
5. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to a page after you've submitted an order detailing exactly what was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Ensure that you save any emails about your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.