1. When you're shopping online you have to be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by trying to find reviews on them online.
2. When you shop online, it is crucial that you spend a little time looking at the site that you will be considering buying from. You can find information about the website from other sites and the Better Business Bureau. Not researching them can lead to you obtaining the products you did not order or getting billed a lot more than you should have.
3. Talk to your friends about their favorite online stores. There are millions of sites out there, and there is no way you can find them all yourself. Talk to the people you already know to find out who the reputable online retailers are, and where they like to shop. This will save you a lot of time and energy.
4. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the cost of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on purchases over a certain amount. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to match your budget after you've added everything in your cart. Using a full cart only to find out you are unable to afford the shipping is never an enjoyable experience.
5. If you think that you will be making a lot of online purchases later on, consider obtaining a separate credit card to use only for these transactions. It is much easier to track all transactions should they be the only items listed with this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry about your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.