1. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that really needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one that has a better reputation.
2. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
3. When you shop online, use a credit card as opposed to a debit card. This is because charge cards are based on your credit, not the amount of money inside your bank account. If a internet hacker gets your banking information, they can completely ruin you within a matter of hours.
4. Do not spend too much money on shipping. Shipping charges can really add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free delivery once you spend a certain amount, or have a coupon code that allows you to get free freight. Instead of paying your cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
5. Always look for discount codes when shopping on the web. Many online retailers give out reductions for various things and you can find them by doing a simple search. Just type in the name in the store and coupon and you could find a great discount. This really is a great way to save money when you shop online.