1. Before buying from a new online retailer, perform some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the way it handles things like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also check the BBB to determine if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions on its business before you buy anything.
2. Sign-up for any id theft protection your credit card company offers, specifically if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe you are able to protect your details, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
3. Before you start your online shopping, make sure that you've got up-to-date antivirus software. Shopping online is a hotbed for suspect websites. Some individuals build stores with the goal to infect your computer with malware. It's best which you take precautions prior to visiting any stores, no matter how reputable you feel these are.
4. Shopping online is a great way to save money as you can shop around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so that you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save much more money.
5. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, find out what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an online search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you do not find out the tough way and lose your hard earned money.