1. Get familiar with the shipping facts of an online retailer. Their shipping policy should be outlined in a separate section to illustrate the average time you should get your items, geographic restrictions, shipping choices, possible shipping insurance, and what their shipping and handling fees are. Use all this information to choose if these costs and options fit well for you, your budget, and your area before you place an order.
2. Take time to browse through different online stores to evaluate the products offered. Unless you have your mind set on a specific brand, you need to take the time to compare different products. Select one with all the features you need and compare prices too. Visit your favorite online stores often since new items become available on a regular basis.
3. When you're shopping online you have to be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by trying to find reviews to them online.
4. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes can be found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They might offer a percentage off or free shipping simply by entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes looking for it.
5. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their own home page. Doing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.