1. If you're considering buying a product online, check out the reviews. The reviews off their people that have used the product can give you a good idea about the product. You could possibly find out the standard of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should make the purchase.
2. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, discover what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an internet search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you may not find out the tough way and lose your cash.
3. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, find out what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an online search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you may not find out the difficult way and lose your cash.
4. Sign-up for any identity fraud protection your credit card company offers, particularly if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe you can protect your details, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
5. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.