1. Always remember your finances and credit limits while shopping online. The virtual realm of online shopping has become a lot of people in serious debt. You need to take a look at online shopping in a similar manner you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.
2. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their own home page. Performing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
3. Be careful in regard to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the web store is poorly designed, full of misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's preferable to be safe than sorry.
4. When you are searching for a location to buy a specific thing and not one of the results are most often from familiar retailers, you need to be hesitant about entering your information. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so that you know the retailer is not to take your money.
5. Check out coupon sites. Whatever you desire to buy may have coupons or discount codes. Before buying something, make sure that you have the ability to have a few seconds and do a quick search. You might even wish to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.