1. Talk to your friends with regards to their favorite online shops. There are millions of sites out there, and there is no method for you to find them all yourself. Talk to the people you know to find out who the reputable online retailers are, and where they like to purchase. This can help you save a lot of time and energy.
2. Learn more about the payment methods offered by the online store you are interested in. Most stores give you the option to pay with credit cards or with PayPal. Credit cards is a safe option only when the store includes a secure server. If you do not see any information regarding safety, it is advisable to go through another store.
3. When you are shopping on the web, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the website URL and it should display "https" instead of the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an up-to-date copy of anti-virus running on your computer as well. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
4. A reputable online seller needs to have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB prior to deciding to part with your hard earned money to determine if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't wish to be spending your money with a company that fails to offer.
5. Do more research in the online store you are looking at before ordering a product from them. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will probably find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stick to online stores with an excellent reputation.