1. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on purchases over a certain quantity. In the event that you do have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to squeeze into your budget after you've added everything in your cart. Using a full cart only to find out you can not afford the shipping is never an exciting experience.
2. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
3. Before making a purchase, make a price comparison on several websites. Try to find special coupons and offers on these websites to make sure you are getting the best offer possible. Also look into what it really will cost for that shipping on your items and when there are free freight options available to you.
4. Should you be shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that really needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one which has a better reputation.
5. When searching out the best price for any big ticket item, make sure you check the store reviews to determine if other customers had a good experience with them. It is also a good idea to consult with the Better Business Bureau also. You want to make sure that the business is legitimate and values you as a client.