1. When you're shopping online you should be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by trying to find reviews to them online.
2. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
3. Learn more about the payment methods offered by the online store you are interested in. Most stores give you the option to pay with a charge card or with PayPal. Credit cards is a safe option only if the store features a secure server. If you do not see any details about safety, it is recommended to go through a different store.
4. When looking for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as numerous reviews as is possible. Reading many reviews can help you get a more general idea of whether or not the item you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
5. If you frequently shop online, make sure your antimalware is always high quality and up to date. Major shopping sites are often targeted by hackers as well as other shady types who attempt to steal your personal identification or get into your accounts. Heed any warnings your security software provides you with about sites and report suspicious activity to the webmaster of the shopping site.