1. For those who have questions while shopping, choose a live chat function around the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You are able to chat immediately with a customer care representative to repair any issues or answer any questions before you purchase. That can present you with a lot of reassurance.
2. A reputable online seller should have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you decide to part with your hard earned money to find out if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't wish to be spending your cash with a company that fails to provide.
3. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, find out what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do a web-based search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you do not find out the hard way and lose your money.
4. When you are searching for a location to buy a product and none of the results appear to be from familiar retailers, you need to be hesitant about entering your information. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so that you know the retailer is not out to take your money.
5. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to read the description which means you know exactly what you are purchasing.