1. Should you be shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is not any website that needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one which has a better reputation.
2. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to a page after you've submitted your order detailing anything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Be sure to save any emails concerning your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
3. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to a price you like. And when you've recently purchased at full price, you can request a price adjustment to meet the brand new deal.
4. Internet shopping is a wonderful way to save money because you can shop around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so that you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save much more money.
5. If you like an online store, sign up for their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals in your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to remain up to date with good deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free shipping or discounts on certain products.