1. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
2. Before buying coming from a new online retailer, do some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the actual way it handles things like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look at the BBB to find out if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions regarding its business before you buy anything.
3. If you're considering buying a product online, look into the reviews. The reviews using their company people that have used the product will be able to give you a great idea about the product. You might be able to find out the standard of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should create the purchase.
4. When you are shopping online, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be seeking trouble. Some individuals have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on less than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
5. Be wary of the emails you get, even if they appear to be from a retailer you trust. Never click on a hyperlink that directs you to a web site other than usually the one you shopped on. Should you do, you may become vulnerable to a scam. Rather than clicking on an email hyperlink, just go as much as your browser and enter in the web site you would like to go to. It is much safer that way.