1. If you're considering buying a product online, browse the reviews. The reviews using their company people that have used the product should be able to give you a great idea about the product. You could possibly find out the quality of the product, if this worked as described, and if you should make the purchase.
2. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the charge card statement is available in the mail. If you notice any charges which you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
3. If you frequently shop online, make certain your antimalware is always top-notch and up to date. Major shopping sites are often targeted by hackers along with other shady types who make an effort to steal your individual identification or get into your accounts. Heed any warnings your security software gives you about sites and report suspicious activity to the webmaster of the shopping site.
4. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on the home page. Performing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
5. Before you start your internet shopping, be sure that you've got up-to-date antivirus software. Online shopping is a hotbed for suspect websites. Some individuals build stores with the goal to infect your computer with malware. It's best which you take precautions prior to visiting any stores, no matter how reputable you feel they may be.