1. Should you be shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that requires this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one which has a better reputation.
2. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
3. When getting things shipped to your home that you simply bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of items. You have a straight to receive items according to the terms stated when you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Check with the BBB for exact specifics and obtain what's visiting you fairly!
4. When shopping online, it's best to look around to find the best price. Shopping online makes it very easy for the greatest price for any items. While shopping around, make sure that you only glance at the prices from places where you'd feel relaxed buying from. Even if a cost is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.
5. When shopping online, ensure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will help protect your personal information from being stolen. To ensure the website is encrypted check out into your web browser's URL box. The website is secured if the website starts with https. This is short for hyper transfer protocol secure.