1. If you feel you will be making a lot of online purchases later on, consider obtaining a separate bank card to use simply for these transactions. It is easier to track all transactions should they be the only items listed with this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry concerning your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
2. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes are often found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They could offer a percentage off or free shipping simply by entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes looking for it.
3. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Based on the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if you will find any damages you should be aware of.
4. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to browse the description so that you know exactly what you really are purchasing.
5. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on the home page. Carrying out a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.