1. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
2. While shopping online, you have to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to get online. Utilizing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal vulnerable to hackers. Make an effort to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never make use of a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.
3. Ensure that you're entering your payment details on a good site. Search for "https://" inside the URL in the site that you're attempting to buy something from. If you don't see that or no indication of any website security, then it's probably a great idea not to trust those people together with your account information.
4. When shopping for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as numerous reviews as you can. Reading many reviews can help you get a more general idea of whether or not the product you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
5. If you frequently shop online, make sure your antimalware is always high quality and up-to-date. Major shopping sites are frequently targeted by hackers and other shady types who attempt to steal your individual identification or get into your accounts. Heed any warnings your security software provides you with about sites and report suspicious activity to the webmaster of the shopping site.