1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on the home page. Carrying out a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. When you are searching for a place to buy a product and none of the results seem to be from familiar retailers, you ought to be hesitant about entering your details. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, which means you know the retailer is not in the market to take your hard earned money.
3. A reputable online seller should have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB prior to deciding to part with your hard earned money to find out if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't desire to be spending your money using a company that fails to deliver.
4. Do not spend too much cash on shipping. Shipping charges can definitely add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free shipping once you spend a certain amount, or have a coupon code that lets you get free delivery. Instead of paying your hard earned money on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
5. If you are looking for the best coupons, consider subscribing to the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to those that have signed up the very first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big desire for the brand, so the signup can cause some phenomenal savings.