1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their home page. Doing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Dependant upon the condition you obtain them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you go through the description of the book to see if you will find any damages you should be aware of.
3. Be mindful where you submit your credit card information. When you find yourself shopping online, always employ secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to safeguard your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS rather than the standard HTTP. There can also be a locked icon, either in your address or status bar, based on which browser you use.
4. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Often online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to spend less, you could possibly score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
5. When you shop online, be sure the site you are on begins with "https". The "S" implies that the site is secure, which entails that one could safely enter your personal information without having to worry about identity theft. In case a site lacks the "S" in it, you might like to avoid using it.