1. Be mindful where you submit your charge card information. If you are shopping online, always use secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to guard your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS rather than the standard HTTP. There can also be a locked icon, in both your address or status bar, depending on which browser you use.
2. When shopping for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as much reviews as is possible. Reading many reviews can help you get a more general notion of whether or not the product you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
3. When you're shopping online you have to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by looking for reviews to them online.
4. Try to find coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores always have some promotional offers happening. If you do not find any details about current offers on the site in the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their online coupons on message boards or couponning blogs.
5. When getting things shipped to your home which you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of items. You have a directly to receive items according to the terms stated whenever you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Consult with the BBB for exact specifics and get what's coming to you fairly!